Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In preparation for an upcoming wedding, I decided I needed some color in a major way.  I've been forced to work indoors for the last 2 1/2 weeks because of bees, so my whole "lay out while I work" bit was brought to a screeching halt, so obviously I couldn't go that route.  What's a girl to do?  Well, luckily for me, Groupon had a deal a couple of weeks ago for airbrush tanning.  I'd never done it before but had thought about it prior to my wedding, so I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger and buy 2.  I had my first session on Wednesday and overall, I'm pleased!  However, a few words of advice should you ever choose to try it:

1) make sure you don't forget to wear the disposable flip flops into the tent or shower thingy where they do the spraying.  Even with the jelly stuff on your feet, they will absorb a TON of tanning solution.  My feet look like I've been walking around a grocery store barefoot:


2) They aren't kidding when they say wear loose-fitting, dark clothing.  I opted for a long, jersey, strapless dress, which was great.  However, watch out for your seatbelt on the ride home if you wear strapless clothing or you'll have lines.  This may or may not have happened to me... but it's not noticeable now that I'm all dry. 

3) Wear pajama pants and a t-shirt of some kind to bed.  At first I opted for boxers and a tank, and I was just so grossed out by the feeling of my legs touching each other that I had to change into scrub pants and a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt.  My appointment was at 6:30 (although they didn't start spraying me down til about 6:55- they were running behind) and I got in bed around 11:30-ish.  L said my legs felt like I'd laid out all day and come inside sweaty and just let it dry.  I had a flashback of being at camp on a humid, rainy night and getting into bed and feeling like my sheets were like, slightly damp or something.  (I realize you only understand that if you've lived it.  It sounds gross, but when you're in that situation, it's normal so you just go with it.)  Regardless, when you're in air conditioning in spring time, it's a weird feeling.  If you can go earlier in the day, I say do it.  I noticed the dampness less when I wasn't in bed.

If you haven't experienced the joy of Groupon, you should!  Lots of fun deals to be had.  If you need a link, go here: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu723440

Comments

No response to “Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger