Burn One Down

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just in case you've ever wondered if the racks in the oven are hot, they are:


Much as it may resemble one, that's not a hickey on my wrist.  It's a blistered burn.  Thanks, Easter Ham.  Also, I just realized how totally weird that picture makes my arm look.  That's my hand at the top; you just can't see any fingers due to the awkward angle from which I quickly snapped this pic.

In all seriousness, we did have a great first Easter.  We found a SUPER cute church to go to (Exhibit A) and afterwards, we came home and made dinner which included a ham (first time cooking meat like that), green bean bundles, homemade macaroni and cheese, yeast rolls, and brandy alexander pie.  Delish. 

Witness Exhibit A:



Except imagine it with a lot of daffodils (they're everywhere here) and other various flowers in front of all those bushes.  Cute, no?  Also there was one aisle down the middle of the sanctuary with 12 rows of pews on each side and the pastor didn't need a microphone.  Not quite what I'm used to in the way of church sizes.  I'm pretty sure people knew we were first timers.  But it was a nice service and the chapel (for sure this was a chapel and not a sanctuary) was so pretty inside.  And if that's not enough charm for you, it's a freaking historic building.  Hooray for going to church in a place that's been around since that whole Civil War debacle.  But I digress...

The rest of the day included a lot of napping interspersed with intermittent viewing of season 2 of Mad Men.  And if you're not watching MM yet, you need to.  Also on that note, I have no idea how any lived through the 60s with the incessant boozing and smoking.  I do understand why STDs are such an issue now, though.

Comments

No response to “Burn One Down”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger