Let's Hear It For New York

Thursday, April 29, 2010


I love great timing.  In this case, we found out this week that L is needed in New York- specifically Manhattan- to help fix a project for work that isn't going well.  And he's needed immediately.  For a minimum of 4 weeks.  He leaves next Monday and we're working out the rest of the schedule.  My parents are coming up here for their first visit two weeks from yesterday, so I know I'll be here for that.  In the meantime, I'll be finishing up work and sending my stuff in (I'd wipe a tear from my eye but there just aren't any to be shed.  I'M SO EXCITED TO BE FREE FROM THIS!), so I'll definitely go up as soon as Mom and Dad head back to Texas.  Will I finish up working from VA or NY??  We just don't know yet!  Really all I need is internet access and for my phone to work, which is always debateable anyway. 

I'm so excited about this.  I know in reality it means that I'll be spending weekdays by myself and that L may be working some REALLY long hours, but as long as the hotel has a pool and a workout facility, I will be a happy girl.  Even if it doesn't, I'm not afraid to bring my cute previously-mentioned outdoor blanket/ pillow/ bag set and head to the sheep's meadow in Central Park to catch some rays and read a book (and maybe this time I won't get pegged in the head with a frisbee).  I'm currently re-reading the Harry Potter series and I'm halfway through book 4... this could easily get me through the remaining 3 1/2 books.  L will also be up there for his birthday, so I'm avidly researching fun restaurants and things to do.  I also know I want to try and go see a show on Broadway while we're there because L has never done that and somewhat surprisingly, L says he likes musicals.  (I was surprised by that.  Apparently he really dislikes plays but he enjoys the sudden outbursts of random singing and dancing.  Whatevs, I'm down for either.)  I'm also looking for stuff to fill my time during the day aside from lounging, reading, and working out, particularly things I can do on my own since L will be working hard to support my brief stint as a lady of leisure.  Once we're back in The Old Dominion State, it'll be all business and I will have no excuse for not working, so here's to a much needed break!

Comments

No response to “Let's Hear It For New York”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger