Bug a Boo

Wednesday, April 7, 2010


WHAT IS THAT BUG???  These things keep finding ME (never L) and they FREAK. ME. OUT.  Another shot:


This one makes it look HUGE, and it's really not.  It's probably a little smaller than a quarter.  In real life it sort of resembles a cross between a leaf and a stink bug.


Clearest shot of the day with my dying-by-the-day camera.  The scary part about these bugs is that they jump without warning AND FLY.  I mean look at those back legs.  They pack the power. 

And in case you were wondering, I didn't kill it.  I have a problem with killing, even if it's just a bug.  Try as I might, I just can't squish unless it's a mosquito.  (My constant internal argument is that it's not doing anything to me besides scaring me or grossing me out, neither of which is truly life-threatening.  What can I say?  I'm a lover, not a killer.)  In this case, I pulled a Scarlet O'Hara and decided to think about it another day and simply left the window open and waited for it to hop on the screen.  Then I closed the window and lowered the shade.  Roughly 36 hours later, I have yet to raise the shade to find out if it figured out a way OUT or if it is still caught in the purgatory that is the space between the glass of the window and the screen.  HA HA, SUCKER!

Also, bugs may or may not have been an influencing factor in my decision to get married.  This also just reminded me of another classic "me" bug story, to be told another time.

Comments

No response to “Bug a Boo”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger