Good Day Sunshine

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Coming to you live from my backyard... the weather in the greater-D.C. area has been in the 60s and 70s for the last 2 weeks (mostly), so obviously I needed to celebrate by working outside.  Because I can do that.  This is my make-shift office/desk:


Except this pic was taken last week on the first day I worked from the backyard.  Since then, I've added in a TV tray as a working surface because I ended up with a farmer's tan on my legs from where my laptop was.  Not hot.  I also now have my ipod and docking station outside for auditory enjoyment.
And here's my one of my new co-workers:


Her name is Robin and she's been so friendly.  We had lunch together on the first day; she ate worms, I had a salad.  Since then, I've met some other co-workers; namely, a black squirrel (fyi- I'd never seen a black squirrel before) and some bees.  The bees are very into spring and all about celebrating by flying all over the place.  It's incredibly annoying, so it's kept me inside a couple of days.

My first day working outside also marked the first day my legs had seen direct sunlight SINCE MY HONEYMOON which was IN OCTOBER


Yeah.  Gross.  Hopefully this will add a little color to my life.  So far I've come in a little burned every day.  Yes, it's possible to burn from being outside for 1-2 hours in the afternoon in March.  I'm fair-skinned to start with, and since I haven't seen the sun in months, it only compounds the issue. 

Comments

No response to “Good Day Sunshine”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger