And then a hero comes along

Monday, April 12, 2010

Scenes from a marriage:

3 p.m. on Sunday afternoon, at a stoplight.  As the scene opens, I am in the driver's seat, staring intently at SUV in front of where my car is in the lane to my right. 

L: "What are you staring at?"

Me: "Does that license plate say, 'Herpes live forever'?"

L pauses to look.

L: "Try, 'Heroes live forever.'"

Silence.

Me: "Well, either way it's still true."

Scene.

This is the sample version of the same kind of plate (I didn't take a pic b/c I was driving):



And to be fair, the car in question had a frame around the plate that prevented you from seeing the whole row of text. 

I still maintain my argument.  Once you've got the herp, you've got it for life.

Comments

No response to “And then a hero comes along”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger