Teenage Dream

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I stumbled upon an amazing find on Labor Day: a marathon of one of my favorite '90s TV shows, circa 8th or 9th grade: My So-Called Life. 


Yes, for all you MSCL lovers out there, it still lives on in reruns!  I immediately alerted Nolly to my find as soon as I stumbled upon it and she immediately tuned in.  In case you're wondering, my 14-year old self freaking LOVED this show.  There was something about Angela Chase that I totally related to. Also I totally was in love with Jordan Catalano.


I might still be (don't tell L).  Except only the '90s version of JL; the 2011 version wears too much eyeliner and that makes him too emo for my tastes.


I need a man that I don't share beauty products with. (Enter L.)  While I was searching for pics of Jared Leto/Jordan Catalano, I also found this:


Apparently I'm not alone with my '90s teenage crush.  (In case you need this in your closet, buy the shirt here.)  What can I say, I chose my heart throbs well.  In case you're wondering who else made my list around that time, this would be the next one that immediately came to mind:


Apparently I dug all the boys Claire Danes got to make out with around that time.  That is a little weird.  Also, if you know me, you know that mid-'90s DiCaprio there is so not my type anymore (yes, I have a pretty definite type when it comes to what I find attractive.  I could post pics of all the boys that I have pics of that I've been on dates with or dated in the last 10 years, but I won't.  Just trust me when I tell you that it's kind of funny).  At least JL and LD are better than who my sister had hanging on her walls (she may or may not have carried a picture of Sebastian Bach in her wallet for like 3-ish years, although to be fair, I think that was between like 7th and 9th grades.  Oh and if you don't know who Sebastian Bach is, look him up on Google for a visual.  I'm sure there are pictures since he was the lead singer of a prominent late '80s hair band.).

Apparently the marathon was not random; MSCL reruns are on Sundance Channel on Monday nights at like 10 Eastern or something.  If you're feeling nostalgic for shapeless baby doll dresses, lots of plaid, and the grunge look, go set your DVR.  Why did we all wear clothes like that??  And what was with wearing button-up shirts with every single button buttoned??  Horrid.  Although I'm sure I'll be thinking the same thing in 10-ish years about what I wear now.

Comments

No response to “Teenage Dream”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger