Just the way you look tonight

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Totally getting my hair cut tomorrow and I'm ready for a change.  I'm kind of thinking maybe something like this:


I'm taking this in as my inspiration but who knows what I'll come out with.  I'm just tired of the length (my hair is currently about 3-4 inches longer than Reese's hair in the pic above).  I haven't significantly cut my hair since before I got married, so I'm thinking maybe it's time to kiss a few inches goodbye.

While we're chatting beauty, I've been on a kick in the last few weeks of changing up my make up and beauty regiment.  Sephora has become a new go-to place again for samples.  I'm not totally sure what kind of products I'm looking for or why; I just know I'm having fun experimenting.  I'm sure it would help if I would suck it up and get my very first facial, but I just haven't done it yet.  It's hard to justify a random, self-indulgent expense like that sometimes.  Plus, I'm afraid that if I do it once, I'll want to do it all the time, which doesn't go well with trying to save money for other big stuff.  So instead, I'm biding my time and playing with Sephora samples!  I'm thoroughly enjoying the Urban Decay eye primer that I got a couple of weeks ago - that stuff is amazing.  Jury's still out on the masks I'm trying out (Boscia Black Mask and Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask, which I currently have foaming on my face).  I think I like both, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to run right out and buy them.  I need to decide if I'm going to really use them if I buy them.  It's just not part of my regular routine yet.

What I have decided FOR CERTAIN, though, is that the next time I get my make up done professionally just for fun, I'm sticking with a counter whose products I know.  Long story short, I went to an event recently that was held in the cosmetics department at Neiman's and all attendees were able to get their hair and make-up done.  I managed to get stuck talking to someone I didn't click with for the entire evening and to escape this person, I hopped in the nearest open chair and let the make-up artist go to work.  Eyes ended up fine, lips ended up like this:


Excuse the how shiny I am (it was pouring down rain outside) and the blurriness.  And the snarl I can see I'm trying to hide.  I'm realizing now that this picture doesn't quite do justice to how orange/coral it looked in person, but it's an idea of what I came out looking like.  No idea what that make-up artist was thinking when she put that color on me (hello - totally fair skinned with blue and red undertones here.  So obvi.).  And that was the SECOND one.  I took one look at myself in the first color and told her no no no no no.  This was slightly better.  I only left it on so that I could shock L when I got home.  He was sweet and simply said I looked very different.  Glad to know he's looking out for me.

Comments

No response to “Just the way you look tonight”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger