I'll be watching you

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm drowning in new episodes of Fall TV shows.  I'm not used to having new episodes of my regular favorites on and there were several new shows I wanted to check out.  I love a good teen drama so you know I am game for trying out pretty much any new CW series, plus there's also NBC's and ABC's attempts to create their own versions of Mad Men, and of course I was going to check out that new show with Christina Applegate and Will Arnett because HELLO- that should be hilarious because they are hilarious. 

My sister and I just had a conversation tonight about what we're liking so far and what we're not vibing.  Definitely mixed reviews so far.  We both like Pan Am and Up All Night and we both think The Playboy Club needs some work and that we probably won't keep it on our schedules much longer. Is anyone else out there watching The Chew?  I was intrigued by the idea and decided to try out a few episodes in the hopes that I might like it- I loved Carla on both Top Chef and Top Chef Masters.  I also like Michael Symon most of the time (L and I always wish he'd pick more places outside the greater Cleveland area on The Best Thing I Ever Ate). 


I've watched the first three episodes and it's just... not what I was expecting.  The whole thing seems too fast- like they don't know how to stay on pace for the allotted time for each segment.  It's also a little groan-inducing from time to time, which is sad- I shouldn't be groaning and rolling my eyes enough times in three episodes to notice.  The focus is a little too much on inexpensive cooking, which I can certainly appreciate, but sometimes, I want to be wowed with a recipe.  I wish they'd do a little of both.  And Clinton... wow.  I've never been a fan of What Not to Wear so I wasn't really familiar with him.  I'll simply say that I think he has a little too much personality for me.  He's definitely got a voice that carries.  But really, the whole cast seems a little too feel-goody for me.  I just want them to be normal.  And I want Daphne to stop with the psyllium husks.  Carla took a bite of yogurt with the psyllium husks mixed in and based on the face she made, it must not have been the best tasting yogurt ever.  I was hoping for more of a focus on sustainable and organic foods; so far, this hasn't been much of a discussion point. 

Maybe the show needs more time to find its feet.  Right now I'm underwhelmed so I think it's going to be my first casualty.  Oh well, something had to go!  I need to spend more time working out than sitting in front of the TV, so it was a given for me that not everything would last.  Anyone have any differing opinion?

Comments

No response to “I'll be watching you”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger