Baby, We've Got a Date

Sunday, September 18, 2011

L texted me on Friday and asked if he could take me on a little Saturday morning date.  I thought this was extra cute and of course said yes.  Things didn't exactly go as planned because our morning got off to a weird and consequently late start.  We will be rescheduling his original morning date plan for the first weekend that we're both here with nothing going on, which, sadly, will be in four weeks.  But oh well!  Lots of fun stuff is going on between now and then. 

Instead of doing what L had intended, we ended up just heading to a diner around the corner from our house and having a late breakfast.  While we were eating, a woman in the booth caddy corner to ours caught my eye.  The only way I can describe her is that she looked like she was a walking combo of a J. Crew catalogue and an Anthro employee, except not in a good way.  There was just a lot going on and once I noticed her, I couldn't unsee her.  This is our lovely dining neighbor:


What you can see in this picture: striped  sweater; huge, multi-strand sweater; leopard scarf; and you can kind of see her over-the-knee boots.  What you can't really see: the large-scale plaid button down under her sweater and two very large rings on her right hand (one was a green stone the size of a silver dollar; the other was indiscernible but kind of gold looking and large and round, like a golf ball but probably a little smaller).  I'm all for accessorizing and combining fun items in unconventional ways, but this was a bit much for before noon on a Saturday.  Also, we did  have a cold snap come through that prompted me to turn on the heater Friday afternoon (it was in the 40s Friday morning and I think the high was in the 60s), but it wasn't cold enough to warrant layers (one of which was a sweater) or boots.  If we break out the boots and sweaters now, it's going to be a long winter, people!  Seriously, just leave them in the closet for a few more weeks.

Sunday was my company's employee appreciation day and we (by "we", I mean my employer) rented out a theme park.  L and I slept in and headed to the event mid-afternoon.  I haven't been the driver on a road trip in years and it was fun to have a little bit of that kind of experience again.  I also haven't done the private-party-at-a-theme-park since I was a kid, so that was nice.  The adoption agency I came from used to (and maybe still does?) rent out Six Flags Over Texas for a day as a fundraiser.  It's so nice because even though there were still a TON of people there for my work thing (my company is seriously sizable), the lines were all pretty short.  We didn't have time to hit up all the roller coasters, but we did the majority of them before deciding to head home.  We figured this gives us something to look forward to for the next time we go.

We had quite a few laughs on Sunday, although only one was able to be caught on film.  While sitting in traffic on the way to the amusement park, we passed this truck:


It's hard to tell, but that's a keg decorated to look like R2D2 in the truck bed.  L saw somewhere on it that it was called Beer2D2.  It's every nerdy beer-drinker's dream.  Seriously though - why is there even a market for something like that?  Do you really need to dress your keg up as a sci-fi character?  It doesn't change the beer's flavor.  Anyway, we got a giggle out of it.  Our other laughs weren't caught on film, but we had a good time.  I will point out that after riding approximately 5 wooden roller coasters over the last 3 months, I can't imagine that it's good to ride those if you are trying to start a family.  Okay, I'm kidding.  Kind of.  There were lots of yelps on each one from both me and L.  They just rattle you around so much and I'd be lying if I said someone didn't get... um... junked a time or two.  And ladies, be sure to wear a supportive bra.  Wow.

And now, on with the week.  Ugh.  Weekends are not nearly long enough.

Comments

No response to “Baby, We've Got a Date”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger