Sorry I'm not home right now, I'm walking into spider webs so leave a message and I'll call you back

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Over the last month or so, the kind neighborhood spiders that inhabit our azalea bushes in front of our house have taken it upon themselves to start decorating early for Halloween this year. 


Seriously??  It's bad.  It started with one web on the middle bush (which you could see from the street) and has steadily expanded.  The best part?  L didn't seem to notice AT ALL until I pointed it out about a week ago. 

If you know me, you probably know that spiders are my most hated insect (and I also know they aren't really insects but YOUGETTHEIDEA).  One time, circa 2007, my friend ECBG had her birthday celebration out at Lake Travis and while we were eating dinner, this guy decided to come join the party.


Yes, that's a huge tarantula that was just hanging out, because apparently they do live in the wild in the Texas hill country.  I stood on a table for a while after that thing was shooed away; you wouldn't believe how fast it ran and I, for one, was NOT GOING TO GET ATTACKED BY A TARANTULA AT A BIRTHDAY PARTY.  Anyway, I'd be freaking out about the spider colony in the bushes EXCEPT they are probably helping stave off the swarms of mosquitoes that attack me every time I walk outside.  So hopefully they're doing good deeds.  And I'll leave it to L to deal with the spiders the next time the bushes get out of control and need shaping up.

Oh, and we just resigned our lease so apparently we need to play nice with our spidey-bush friends.  We'll be here through September 30, 2012.

Comments

No response to “Sorry I'm not home right now, I'm walking into spider webs so leave a message and I'll call you back”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger