'Round Here

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I feel the need to share some of the random things I've seen lately.  Here they are, in no particular order.

First up: I recently went on a shopping trip to my newly relocated Bed Bath and Beyond.  With the move came a huge, new section of beauty products.  Being the shampoo addict I am, I was, of course, obligated to check out their offerings.  Among them:



NOT OKAY.  In fact, completely unnecessary.  This is not a third world country; it's Virginia.  Northern Virginia at that!  I mean, so many questions.  Is there really a market for this product?  Who buys it??  And as Champagne and Sprinkles so aptly pointed out, WHERE ARE THE MAKERS EVEN GETTING THE PLACENTA FROM??  At least we know it won't change hair color.  And in case you're wondering what it's made of:



Moving on.  L and I decided to watch an episode of The Office a few weeks back and this is what led into the opening credits:










Of course a milk thief was dressed as a cow.  Except, wait, what???  I kind of think that's awesome!  If you're so desperate for milk that you're robbing stores or trucks for it, please DO at least have a sense of humor about it and dress as a cow. 

And finally, apparently Georgia Tech supplies all graduates with a laminated, wallet-sized version of each graduate's diploma.  I found this out tonight while having drinks with one of my cousins.  Imagine my delight when he pulled it out of his wallet for Show and Tell.  (I realize that it looks like a regular sized diploma below., but I assure you that the diploma below is the size of a credit card and laminated!)


This struck me as hilarious, mostly because what in the world is anyone going to do with a wallet-sized version of their diploma??  He's currently pursuing another degree at the University of New Orleans and apparently upon graduating from there, he'll get an engineering cap.  Yes, like a train conductor.  Even though his degree will not be related in even the slightest of ways to train conducting/engineering.  But apparently that is a big thing and quite the deal for UNO engineering grads.  Lucky!!  All I got from A&M is an over-sized diploma. 

In other news, any ladies out there in their early 20s looking to meet a super cute, smart, FUNNY but sometimes a little bit shy, nice guy??  If so, I know someone who is quite the catch that I'd probably be happy to introduce you to.  Act fast - he's only here til August. 

Comments

No response to “'Round Here”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger