This is Why I'm Hot

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Last Thursday I wore a dress to work with a pair of heels that I sometimes consider questionable.  I bought them specifically to go with Thursday's dress, with my mom's encouragement.  Obviously Mom wasn't going to let me buy some kind of sloob shoes, and these are not dowdy or matronly.  However, I still really don't wear them with anything else.  I think I've worn them with a black knit dress once and jeans and a low-key tops once or twice.  Why?  Well, these are the shoes in question:


Platform.  Stiletto.  Leopard-print.  My concern is that they sometimes they seem... shall we say, street walker, but according to Mom, they aren't since they aren't red (according to mom, only ladies of the night wear red shoes and she did not approve when I purchased a super cute pair of red shoes last year, even though she thought the style of the shoes was super cute).  And yet oddly enough, I wear them to work, of all places.  Anyway, Thursday I was standing in the doorway to my boss's office while she reviewed some of my work and I heard loud-whispering somewhere out in the hall.  I didn't really pay attention.  Lots of people work in my building on my floor and talk in hushed tones as they walk down the halls.  Except it got louder.  So I listened.  And that's when I realized a male voice was whisper-shouting, "YOUR SHOES ARE HOT!"  I turned around to see who it was and who they were talking to but all I saw was a white shirt duck into the kitchen.  So random.  For the record, I did whisper a thanks to him.  I firmly believe that good manners never go out of style, regardless of how random and mysterious the compliment.

Comments

No response to “This is Why I'm Hot”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger