So you say it's your birthday

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

(For some reason, Blogger hates apostrophes, so no contraction in the title for me)

Today is L's birthday! This is the first birthday in a long time that we're able to have a "normal" celebration.  Last year we were in NYC (and celebrated by dining at Bar Americain and it was AWESOME); I can't remember what we did in 2009, although I'm inclined to think I was up here visiting him; and in 2008, poor L spent his birthday all by himself up here (he went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall by all alone because he didn't know anyone up here yet).
 
Anyway, I'm excited to be able to go all out and make a big deal of it. L requested a yellow cake with chocolate icing ("Out of a box - NOTHING FANCY" were my instructions).  I literally cannot help myself or bring myself to do a boring sheet cake, so he's getting a yellow cake from boxed mix but I made my own milk chocolate buttercream frosting last night.  And then I garnished it with some fresh strawberries because we had them on hand. What can I say?  I show my love for others in cooking and details.  Hopefully this will get a good approval rating from my birthday boy.  Here's a picture of said cake:


We're also going to dinner tonight at one of his favorite places and then our REAL celebration will be on Saturday night.  I have fun surprise plans for him.  Woo hoo!  I do love good surprises!  And with that, I'm off the change for dinner.  Hope everyone is having a great week!

Comments

No response to “So you say it's your birthday”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger