Ain't It Funny

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I had a Junior League meeting tonight at the JLW headquarters, which is just a few doors down from the DC location of Paper Source.  Anytime I have a meeting, I stop by Paper Source on my way back to my car to see what fun cards and papers they have (great place for letterpress, if you're into that sort of thing).  Tonight's find isn't a normal fun find for me, nor is it something that I would usually even bother looking at, let alone find funny.  It's a spin on the childhood classic book, Pat the Bunny.


So here's the deal.  It's an interactive book (pop up, pull tabs, etc.) about marriage cliches.  Not that funny.  But I DID have to laugh when I got to this page:


Bless his heart, for all his strengths, L is absolutely this guy sometimes.  He's a self-proclaimed sick kid.  Where I go to work unless I'm contagious, barfing, or feverish, he'll stay home if he just doesn't feel quite right.  I guess that's what I get for having a teacher for a mother.  Anyway, the text on the pages above made me smirk a little.  Then I noticed the pull-tab above Pat's head on the right side, so I pulled it.


And that shows Pat's temperature.  Sorry for the bad picture quality.  If you can't read it, it says, "YES, OF COURSE I'M DYING."  Totally made me laugh, so out came the phone and pics were quickly snapped.  If you want to read the rest of the book (the rest is kind of meh), hit up your nearest Paper Source.

Comments

No response to “Ain't It Funny”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger