The First Cut is the Deepest

Thursday, January 13, 2011

L and I just got home from the E.R.  You might be wondering, "Why were you at the E.R. on a random Wednesday night?"  We (okay, I) had an emergency, obvi.  I was in my p.j.s, pretty much all ready for bed and was just getting my lunch ready for the morning, which included slicing open a sandwich roll.  Except I didn't stop at slicing the roll; I decided to slice my left pink finger right at the middle joint, just about where that vein runs up through the finger.  Uh huh.  Awesome.  I now join the ranks of my friends AMVS and KDC who both had major finger injuries in college.  My wee pinky wouldn't stop bleeding after being elevated and wrapped in paper towels with a tourniquet (aka, a rubber band I'd had in my hair at the gym earlier in the evening) so after about a half hour, L convinced me it was time to seek medical aide.  Luckily we were in and out in right about an hour.  I am now the proud bearer of 3 stitches (my first stitches ever!), a massive bandage of gauze, and a very numb pink finger. 


I was instructed not to use my hand tomorrow and to keep it elevated.  This works well with my job that relies heavily on my using a computer.

I leave you with two pieces of advice: 1) Follow my wonderful father's advice and do not ever cut anything that you are holding in your hand.  That's what cutting boards are for.  2) Wusthoff makes a killer serrated bread knife.  They definitely aren't joking around with it.

Comments

No response to “The First Cut is the Deepest”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger