Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Monday, August 16, 2010

L and I had quite the little weekend!  I finally decided to go see the doctor on Saturday morning to see if there was a reason why I've had headaches all week and why my teeth hurt.  I was pretty sure it was a sinus infection, and I was right.  Rest assured that I'm on on antibiotics and Mucinex (how gross is that name?) and I am now the proud owner of a nettie pot, but I've been too afraid to use it so far.  I'm thinking tomorrow morning may be the right time.

After a serious nap, we headed up to the Merriweather Post Pavillion to see MGMT perform.    It was a good show, but I'll behonest, I'm a fan of the big hits.  The rest of it doesn't have the same energy.  I'd hoped it might have more at a live show, but it just didn't.  But we still had a good time.  Some of the good: our seats were close and we were on the far side, so we caught a nice breeze the whole time.  Also I can't remember the last time I saw an outdoor show when it was only about 80 degrees outside.  So nice!  Some of the bad: we were definitely some of the oldest people there.  Between the opening bands and MGMT, you could text messages to some number and they would get displayed on the screens around the venue.  Basically, this was the 2010 version of an overpass.  All of the messages were in text lingo and I swear to you, all of them were declarations of love for different people in that I can only assume were also in the audience, presumably next to the person who sent the messages.  This actually prompted a discussion between me and L of proper grammar (L was wrong about something and refused to admit it).  Anyway, the best text message of the night on the screen appeared about 10 minutes before MGMT took the stage.  What did it say?  "Good luck on the SATs, kids!"  So great.  I'm sure it went right over the heads of many, but it was funny to the non-teenagers.

And finally, today we went to a Nationals game, compliments of L's work.  We were late getting there because of the Metro but we got there in time to see the presidents race around the field.


Once again, Teddy lost (he's never won a race. Ever.  It's a thing now).  But it's always hilarious to see them run.  Huge heads on little legs are just funny.  Here's a shot of Teddy up close:


The seats were great, we saw the Nats score all of their runsand win the game, and we got to see Stephen Strasburg pitch (it's a big deal here). 


I tried a famous Ben's Chili Bowl half-smoke (without the onions):


And this guy was awesome at revving upthe crowd (you can't tell, but he's dancing):


MOST importantly, it didn't rain on us, as predicted by every meteorologist in the area.

Hooray for a good weekend!    What did YOU do??

Comments

No response to “Take Me Out to the Ball Game”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger