Good Friday

Friday, August 13, 2010

Taking a page from one of the blogs I read, The Little Things We Do, (and also due to sheer boredom this afternoon) I've decided to start taking part in Fill in the Blank Friday. Here's today's:

1. Birthdays are: fun! I love making a big deal out of L’s birthday.

2. My favorite birthday memory was: Lots to pick from here. Being forced to dress as a pirate on my 21st birthday, the first year I lived in Austin when my sister and most of my bffs came in to play for the night, 2 years later when everyone came in again and we did sushi and went out, and then the trips L has surprised me with.

3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is: actually it’s not really so much about my birthday as it is about when my birthday falls. I love that I’m almost always able to spend the day with immediate family and sometimes (when my birthday falls the day before Thanksgiving) even with my whole extended family.

4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose: My family has never had a traditional “birthday dinner” or anything. I think we’ve pretty much always eaten at home on my birthday, especially since I left for college and usually I’d drive home on whatever day my birthday was. I like 99% of what my mom cooks so and it was always just nice to have Mom cook something for dinner that wasn’t hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, or whatever other Kraft/Oscar Meyer foods WLM’s mom had stocked our kitchen with.

5. My birthday is on: November 21!
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go: to Santa Fe. I have no real reasoning for this except that I’ve had it in my head for the past month or so that I want to go back sometime soon. So this year, that’s where I’d pick! Outside the U.S., I’d say anywhere in Greece.

7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was: a marriage proposal. Yep, it’s cheesy and I’m sure several of you will roll your eyes, but it’s true. The engagement ring wasn’t too bad, either. I’m trying to pick a regular gift and I am totally blanking out.

Comments

No response to “Good Friday”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger