Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

L and I have both been feeling a little blah this week.  He's been having eye issues and I've been having sinus issues.  He went to the doctor today to find out what was up with his eye and found out the problems are just due to seasonal allergies, so hooray for that.  However, L also showed his doctor a spot on his right cheek that he thought was weird, and sure enough, it turns out it was a very small basal cell skin cancer.  The doctor froze it off and all is well- it just looks like L has a pimple forming where the cancerous cells were.

I bring this up not to be dramatic or all, "Woe is me!" or whatever because he is totally fine, but to remind everyone that in the remaining days of summer, WEAR SUNSCREEN!!  And be liberal with the SPF and the application. 


L never lays out (he is a guy, after all) and is really only in the sun for any extended period of time when he plays golf, which is about once every 4-6 weeks.  I, on the other hand, have spent many a weekend by the pool in years past and have always been known to burn if I've been in the sun for longer than 15 minutes.  Gotta love that fair skin!  I think this solidifies my new found love for airbrush tanning.  Get the look without the cancer (at least that we know of at this point; I'm sure there's carcinogens somewhere in the tanning spray).

Comments

No response to “Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger