Underneath Your Clothes, There's An Endless Story

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random topic to address: the white bra. 

I don't understand the point of them.  I actually don't own one and haven't for several years.  You might be wondering why not.  Well, you don't wear them under white and you certainly don't wear them under black.  Plus, it's not 1950. There are better options out there.  I suppose they are the equivalent to a "fun" colored bra, i.e., the hot pink one that I got at my bachelorette party, but white bras are just not fun.  At any rate, nude (oh, how I loathe that word) bras have long-since replaced my white ones.

Also, let's address white bras under white clothing and why that's a no go.  I'm not talking a sheer top or dress that you can see any bra or tank underneath; I'm talking about a regular white top that, when you put it on, you can see your bra underneath.  You can totally see white bras under white clothing.  It's not fooling anyone.  I'm all for everyone wearing bras, but I'm also all for leaving something to the imagination.  Kathie Lee and Hoda discussed this very topic with a bra expert a couple of days ago during that 4th hour of The Today Show, and I was so glad to see the segment because I wholeheartedly agree!!  It's just too bad that so few people ever see that 4th hour.

Should you disagree with me or just not believe me, I'm supplying you with a link to some experts.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5215006_wear-under-white-dress.html

I tried to find a clip of KL & Hoda but was unsuccessful.  Sorry!

One final note about bras: why the clear straps on strapless bras?  I was at a wedding over the weekend and saw at least 3 offenders in a group of about 80 guests.  That seemed high to me.  Those don't fool anyone and to be honest, in many cases they call more attention to the issue than if you were wearing no bra or a bad strapless.  We all know strapless bras aren't that great, but there's always NuBra chicken cutlets!!  Or go buy a strapless that was made in the last 5 years- they are infinitely better than the ones from back in the day.  More structure and they stay in place better because now they all have that "stay put" rubbery stuff.  OR, you can really blow some minds and double up on the NuBra and a strapless. 

Since I don't have a relevant picture to post, I'm adding a pic of the peonies that are on my dining room table, courtesy of my backyard:


Aren't they lovely?  I think I may have to grow peonies at every house I live in from here on out.  I just love the texture and richness of the petals.

Comments

No response to “Underneath Your Clothes, There's An Endless Story”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger