Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I have several suits in my closet, the newest of which was purchased sometime in the winter of 2008.  That means all the others are older.  I can still wear most of them with some appropriate updating, but it occurred to me a couple of weeks ago that it might be time to go ahead and pull the trigger on a new one.  I'm a huge fan of the Capitol Hill Style blog, and her preferred suit is from J. Crew's Super 120s line. 


On one hand, I know suits aren't going to be a cheap purchase, but at the same time, I don't want to blow a ton of money on something I may not wear too many times since I'm still looking for a job (thus the immediate need for the suit) and have no idea what the dress code will be at my future office.  J. Crew is very proud of their clothing (and rightfully so in many instances) and their suiting options aren't the most affordable out there, and given my non-existent "fun" money these days, I was hesitant to pull the trigger on the J. Crew stuff.  Luckily, I got an email from them last Wednesday announcing that their summer sale was on.  Off I clicked to see what I could score for a "deal". 

Lo and behold, their Super 120s pinstripe suits were on sale!  Sweetness!  I immediately filled my shopping cart with a jacket, pants, skirt (all in gray), and a couple of blouses to try out with them.  Bonus feature of living in Virginia: the items were being shipped from Roanoke, so instead of it taking 4-7 business days to arrive, I got them the day after they shipped!  Super exciting.  However, because we had company, I was unable to try them on when I got home from work on Friday.  We had places to go and people to see.  I finally was able to try everything on this morning and I love all of it (which is a problem, as I didn't intend to keep it all when I ordered it, but I'll figure out what will make the final cut before the week is out).  I did notice, though, that the gray of my new suit is incredibly close in color to L's gray pinstripe suit.

My new suit jacket:



L's suit (he's the one in gray, obvi):


Yes, for those of you who know us personally, you know that this is an old pic, as the tall gentleman in pink glasses is not part of our group anymore (for those who may be concerned or alarmed, I assume he's fine; he was simply issued walking papers).  This is the best pic I can find right now of this particular suit.  Anyway, L still has his gray suit and keeps it in his rotation of preferred suiting options.  His stripes are a little wider than mine, but I assure you that the fabrics are the same shade.  Awesome.  I've always wanted to have an outfit that matches my husband's.  Maybe we can dress alike one day and high five each other as we head out the door to work.  Or maybe we'll wear them together to a wedding sometime. 

I'm still going to keep my new suit, though.  Matching or not, I need a new one and this was a good deal that happens to fit really well and looks sharper than what I've got hiding in the depths of my closet. 

Comments

No response to “Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger