Bad Day

Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm in a mood.  Not a good one.  Today is one of those days where I've cried twice in the last 2 1/2 hours and have asked myself repeatedly if I will ever like living here (I mean really like it to the point where it feels like home).  My bad day reasons are extremely selfish and I'm fully aware of it. 

I had an interview this morning at the same place I interviewed a couple of weeks ago but for a different job.  The good news is they still like me.  My interview was fine but I'm not feeling like the job is mine to lose.  I'm not sure if that's because I didn't get the last one or what, but I'm just not expecting fireworks.  THAT is what started my mood.  It continued when I got home from my interview and realized that the silence I met when I opened the front door is my weekend.  L is in Houston with his college friends for a quasi-bachelor party, so I'm all by myself, and I've had enough of that.  I'm a people person and I've spent the last week by myself, not to mention the majority of the last 8 months.  Plus, I just wanted a hug when I got home from my interview.  Is that so wrong?  I had to settle for a quick phone call with him and my parents and then a longer one with Tri-ing Something New.  Also, if I'm being honest, I'm just jealous of L right now.  He got a weekend with his bff last weekend and now he gets 3 whole days and nights with all of his best friends from college.  Yes, I am bitter, mostly because he was going to try and get me a buddy pass to fly to Houston so I could hang out with my Houston friends and it didn't happen, and I don't really understand why but it's not my buddy pass to give away so I won't question it.  Yes, I am being extra selfish.  Right now I do not care.  This is the kind of weekend where I would drive to my parents' house and hang out with them if we were still in Texas.  I'm annoyed that it's not an option and that I don't know anyone within driving distance to go visit besides my aunt and that's not an option this weekend.  I looked up flights to anywhere in Texas and it's cost-prohibitive.  I guess you could go ahead and say I'm officially, seriously homesick today.  As in, to the point where I am seriously considering replying "yes" to attending the A&M summer barbecue here in August because it'll have Blue Bell ice cream and Rudy's barbecue.  I am so not into the Association of Former Students stuff, here or anywhere else I've lived.  This is also reminding me that I neglected to wear my Aggie ring to my interview today.  It wouldn't have mattered, but the only time I ever wear it is to job interviews.  Also, I want a puppy.  Specifically, Boomer.  I could use a puppy hug from him right now.


Lest you forget what he looks like, that's him in all his glory popping out of the picnic basket.  One of my favorite pics of him because it's so ridiculous.  Also, for the record, my parents did NOT take him to get this picture made.  The place where they board him took it one time while he was there and surprised my parents with it.  Also, I have an 8x10 of this framed in my living room.

The bright side of the my day: the message I got this morning from Samantha (previously mentioned for his love for Heidi Montag's newest album).  A transcript for you:

"Team LC*...  That name is soooo seeeeexy!...  Team LC!  Hahaha!  Um, before I get too inappropriate, HI!  It's Samantha!  Ummmm, it's 8:19 here and I love having friends on the East Coast because I wake up so early and I can call them and it's an hour laaaaaaaater, but I'm on my way to get coffee and I'm very, very tired (YAWN). OOOHH!!  I'm looking at a hot guy riding his bike!  Gotta love Austin... Boys on bikes... BUT, I want to talk to you about Sex and the City and everything that means something in my life that has depth so CALL ME BACK.  BYE!!"

That's what I've listened to now repeatedly in an effort to stop being Debbie Downer.  Fingers crossed that I can successfully pick myself up by my bootstraps this afternoon and stop wallowing so that the weekend gets better. 


*My voicemail actually says my married name now and he just now noticed, thus the fascination.

Comments

No response to “Bad Day”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger