New Digs!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's official- we've been selected to become the new renters in a cute little cottage on 33rd Road. Woo hoo! Time to party and start booking your room at Chez L2. That is supposed to look like L squared, but I haven't yet figured out how to do that in Blogger. So here are some pics of the soon-to-be-new-abode:

Front of house

Living room & dining room (the fireplace is the room to the right of the front door in the pic above)

Kitchen (there's a doorway leading from the dining room to the kitchen... and that's pretty much where the pics of both rooms were taken from)



And finally, the backyard


The backyard is probably the crown jewel of the place. It's much wider than this picture, and you can see a little path in the pic that goes down a few steps to a second part of the yard where there's basically a lot of little flower beds that have various plants, herbs, and flowers in them right now. The fiance has big plans to register for a grill ASAP... if I have my way, it'll be the cute green Weber from C&B, but outside is allegedly his domain and inside is allegedly mine. So we'll see.






Basic stats of the house: 3/1. (Yes, 1 bathroom. Could get interesting. Right now the plan is to drink fluids at opposite times.) We'll have 1 guest "suite" and the extra room will become my home office (because oh yeah... forgot to mention that I officially got the thumbs up to transfer up there. Hooray for dual incomes!). There's a laundry room off of the kitchen (to the left of where the pic was taken from) and then there's a "sun room" off the laundry room, which is really just a big, screened-in porch. Hello rocking chairs, here I come! Seriously, if I could find rocking chairs just like the big green ones on the Rec Hall porch at camp, I'd so buy a pair.




There's also a basement and although it is fully finished, there's nothing really fun or exciting about it. You can only get to it from outside and since it's not climate controlled, we'll just be using it for storage, mostly probably for lawn equipment. There's also a cat door in the door to the sunroom. Yes, a cat door. And I had the privilege of seeing the current tenants' kitty actually use it while we were touring. I thought that was pretty awesome. Not sure if we'll be getting a kitty (I enjoy cats, but both our moms and my sister are allergic. Although who cares because none of them will live there or pay the bills) or a dog any time soon, but it's fun that there's a tiny door for an animal to run in and out of once we're ready for one.

I wish I'd taken pics while we were touring so I could post them, but that seemed like it would be a creepy thing to do. I mean I wouldn't want random people taking pics of where I lived and all my stuff before they were officially living there. I would just send L to take some but homeboy doesn't own a camera (what the deuce?!) and I assume his Blackberry has a camera but I've never seen him use it so I'm not sure if he even knows how. Also it has to be said that sometimes his picture-taking skills are hit or miss (we end up with a lot of pics with people missing feet but we sure do see a lot of the ceiling and/or sky). Since these wouldn't involve people I'm sure they'd be fine, but oh well. Guess you'll have to come visit to see what the rest of it looks like! Chez L2 will be booking rooms beginning December 1, 2009. To book a weekend, call my cell.

Comments

2 Responses to “New Digs!”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

How exciting! It looks great! I'm sure you are so happy to know where you will live and begin looking forward to moving! It's fabulous! And yes, with you working from home I definitely think you need a little 4 legged companion. :) I know where you can get a house trained Yorkie for a good price....but he does sleep in the bed...

That is an adorable place! Looks pretty inside too. I haven't had a house/apartment of my own yet. That is something I'm really looking forward to in life.

thewheverblog.blogpsot.com

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger