Home Stretch Surprise

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I had my last "Book Club" meeting last night and it was both sad and fun. It's definitely become less of a book club and more of a social/ wine club over time, but it's a great group of girls and I will really miss all of you!! Anyway, our hostess last night, Kim, was so crafty and sneaky and ended up throwing me a surprise shower! It was a red, white, and blue Texas theme and she even made all the decorations herself (we're not talking crayons, crepe paper, and construction paper, here- it was totally professional) and the food was all Tex Mex (she clearly knows the way to my heart). I WISH I'd had my camera with me, but no dice. Consequently I have no pictures, but Kim, if you have any please send them my way! Everything was so, so cute and thoughtful. I mean she even had Texas-shaped tortilla chips. How cute is she??? She also happens to paint custom art work (check out her blog below- Custom Nursery Art by Kimberly) and she painted a monogram of our soon-to-be-new monogram. Love it! Can't wait to be up in the new digs so I can hang it. So a HUGE thank you to all my Book Club girls for a great night last night!! I'll miss y'all!

Update: Kim posted pics on her blog of the decorations. Since I didn't know I would need to take pics, I didn't have my camera on me, but she's so smart and took pics herself. Look at how cute everything was! And then peruse the rest of her blog for decorating ideas, both for nurseries and just general home decor:
http://customnurseryart.blogspot.com/2009/09/going-out-with-bang-southern-style.html

Comments

No response to “Home Stretch Surprise”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger