Strawberry Wine

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the greatness that is Abita Strawberry Harvest.


Now let's all take a moment to appreciate that last Thursday (the same night as the wine drinking debacle*), I accidentally scored my second case of it within a 3 week time period (prior to going out for drinks).  You might be wondering, "How does one accidentally purchase a case of beer?"  Well, in this instance, after L and I got back from our New Orleans trip, I found myself craving more Strawberry Harvest but according to Abita's website, there weren't any stores within 20 miles of my house that carry Strawberry Harvest.  Being the gambling woman I am, I tootled on over to my favorite wine/beer store ever (Total Wine, if any of you are in the DC area, and for those in Texas, it's very similar to Spec's, just without the liquor section) because I already knew they carried Abita and inquired as to whether or not they had any or were able to acquire it for me.  The awesome guy helping me looked and said they were out of stock but that he'd be happy to order some for me, although there was a risk that they might not get it because it's a seasonal beer and the season was due to end on May 7.  I rolled the dice and gave him my info.  I wasn't home for more than 30 minutes before I got a call saying they'd found a case in stock and that I could come get it any time.  L picked it up for me the next day and that was that- I've been relishing Strawberry Harvest in the three weeks since.  Fast forward to Thursday... I got a mysterious call from Total Wine letting me know my case had arrived and was waiting to be picked up.  This was delightful news, as we have already polished off several of our bottles from the first case.  I immediately drove straight from Georgetown (where I was dropping off the signs from the JL 5K the weekend before, and on an unrelated note, I overheard a woman saying, "Oh that is so cool!  I LOVE bat wings!"  I stopped to see what else she would say, but that was it.  Pretty sure I heard that out of context, but all I could think of was that scene in Waiting) to Total Wine and picked up my case.


That's our new case.  And I may or may not have hidden it in the furnace closet.  Out of sight, out of mind.

And now, in honor of tonight being the night before my last day of work at my loathesome job, I shall now go indulge in one of my beloved Abita Strawberries.  BOTTOMS UP!


*I am not an alcoholic, despite what my wineover post may lead you to believe.

Comments

No response to “Strawberry Wine”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger