Relax

Monday, May 10, 2010

I love weekends that start with finding a new, fun place for dinner and drinks, then L unexpectedly being able to come home, then move into a lazy, gorgeous Saturday, and that end with exciting news about a dear friend getting engaged.  There's nothing better than taking it easy and getting to relax on pretty days in the spring.

Yes, Friday started with a killer wineover, but around 4:00 I decided I'd had enough.  After showering, doing make up and hair, putting on a sundress, and ordering a pizza (grease was a must), I was feeling enough like my normal self (albeit dehydrated) to make it to my JL Transfer happy hour at lovely venue called Local 16.  I opted to stick to water (and drank LOTS of it) but was glad to be there.  The bar was great- they have an awesome rooftop terrace and the weather was AMAZING.  I can't wait to take L and out of town friends!  Such a fun area.

And speaking of L, he got to come home this weekend.  Originally he was scheduled to stay in NYC and work over the weekend, but to my delight, at the last minute they decided to give him a weekend pass back to DC and I picked him up from the train station around 11.  Saturday was a repeat of Friday's gorgeous weather with a very heavy dose of wind thrown in.  We slept in a little and then decided to head out to the National Cathedral's Flower Mart.  Apparently this is an annual event, and I thought it was going to be all flower vendors.  It was actually much more like an open-air bazaar (for you Austinites, it's similar to the Pecan Street Festival) with a lot of vendors selling all kinds of things, performers, and foot carts/stands.  I have no idea how they didn't all blow away because it at the top of that hill, it was freakin' windy!  We didn't buy too much- just a print to hang in our house and some soup mix, but we did see something that I am ABSOLUTELY buying for L if we make it to the Kentucky Derby or Gold Cup next year.


Yes, those are needlepoint-covered flasks (and wallets, but let's focus on the former for the moment).  I didn't realize til right now that it's hard to tell that they are needlepoint, but take my word for it.  Does it get any than that?  I think not, especially if you opt to have one custom-made with initials instead of just going the alma mater route.  If you're wondering where to order these fun flasks, go here.  Smathers & Branson will satiate all of your needlepoint desires.

Finally, congratulations to SRG over at Gluten Girl in Austin on getting engaged!  So exciting!!  Can't wait to share in your excitement in the coming months as you plan your wedding.  Woo hoo!!  I think every weekend should end with such great news.  :)

Comments

No response to “Relax”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger