Swimming in the Blankets

Friday, November 13, 2009

We're working on setting up the house. When it's in a more "complete" phase, I may post some pics. L had been sleeping on his old bed until my furniture arrived (that only took 5 weeks. Awesome!) We set up the guest room the other night with the real furniture that will be used in there and I found a storage box under the bed with a Velux blanket in it. It needed to be washed in the worst way, so I threw it in the washing machine that night. I went to pull it out the next afternoon and throw it in the dryer. Apparently the washing machine has attitude about what it wants to clean and what it doesn't. I wish I'd thought to take a picture of what the insides looked like but I didn't think about it til after I'd removed it all. This is what was left of the blanket after I shoved it in a trash bag:



Yes, that's a blanket. Or at least tiny scraps of one. Here's another shot:



Apparently that blanket was stale. L said he hadn't pulled it out of the storage container in years (gross), thus leading to its demise by washing. While that was pretty gross to clean up, even worse was that I'd thrown an errant pillow case in with it. I picked it up to see if it could be dried yet and the white pillow case had some tan streaks of dirt on it, which was weird because the blanket had been gray, and it definitely felt gritty. Kind of like it had been dropped on the road at camp on a rainy day and left there to soak and had maybe a car drive over and several campers tromp across it. If you're a camp friend, you know what I'm talking about. After getting re-washed in a clean washer with some other whites, it's back to 100%.

Comments

No response to “Swimming in the Blankets”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger