Evening is here, the board is spread

Friday, November 13, 2009

That's the line from the dinner blessing that we sing at camp, and the only song I could quickly come up with about dinner. Anyway, we've been in the house together for about a week and a half and we've made dinner several times but it hasn't been anything impressive or REALLY good because we've been unpacking the kitchen and what not. Last night I finally decided that we needed a serious meal. I consulted several of the new cookbooks we received as wedding gifts and decided that The Kitchen Diva had a recipe that was a winner for a cold, wet day: Easy Chicken Pot Pie. It lived up to the name; it was indeed easy and it was indeed a chicken pot pie. I took some pics to share, but I promise this won't turn into something I do every time hit up the kitchen. Most of what I make isn't that exciting or picture-worthy. Also, I suck at remembering to take pics while I'm cooking.

So we start with some chopped up veggies:


I seasoned some chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning and poached them. Then I diced them:


I forgot to take pics of sauteeing the veggies, or of the pan when I added the rest of the ingredients (chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, peas, chicken, etc.). I thought a pic of the pie crust in my new red pie plate (which is extra cute) would be kind of boring, so no pic of that, either. Instead, here's the pie plate with the crust in it and with the filling poured in:


Here's the whole thing with the top pie crust on, sealed on the edges and with steam vents added:


Aaaaand the finished product:


A snapshot of a quickly-put-together fall dinner table:


So that was our first official homemade dinner! It was delicious. If you've got a Kitchen Diva cookbook, definitely try it out!

Comments

No response to “Evening is here, the board is spread”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger