Colors of the Wind

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Work has been... stressful lately, so my motivation to come home and get on the computer and write more is at an all-time low.  Consequently, I'm resorting to entertaining you with pictorials of my most recent creative outlets.  I promise I'll be back with stories and adventures soon!  I just need another few days to get my head back in the game.

The Ps had a baby girl last August and L asked me to make a stool for her.  Usually I try to make these things match room decor, but there wasn't really much of a theme for this little chica's room (think custom, gender-neutral bedding in greens, blues, and khakis with pops of pink and other colors).  Since the Ps live in Austin, I had to go off of pictures that Mrs. P posted on Facebook to get an idea for color schemes.  One thing I don't trust: my monitor's ability to show colors true to life.  I mean it looks fine on my screen, but who knows!  Those blues could have more yellow to them or something.  So I was left to blaze my own trail and hope it didn't look like a seventh grader made it at the end.  Here's the finished product:

The colors look better in person; the green is way less split pea soup and more minty.  And the pink monogram is easier to see, too.

Side #1.

Side #2.


All in all, not my best work.  It was hard to get inspired by a room I'd never seen.  But apparently the Ps liked it.  I wasn't there to give it in person, but that's the word on the street.

This next one is one of my favorites!  I don't know if I just like making stools for boys or if it's the parents that made this one so fun, but even though I was in the same situation with this stool as I was for Baby P (never met the bambino, never seen the room), I had an idea to use as inspiration.  The goal was fun without being too babyish.  This was the end result:

Baby Jake's theme is clearly safari/jungle.  I had fun learning how to make different types of animal prints.

Side #1.

Side #2.

Maybe it's the color scheme or maybe it's the minimalism of it, but this is one of my favorites I've done to date.  L and I had so much fun meeting Jake and seeing his parents when we were in Austin over Thanksgiving.  Yea for special friends and their babies!!

Comments

No response to “Colors of the Wind”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger