Summer, summer, summertime... Time to kick back and unwind

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

L and I took our summer vacation last week and met Nolly and Flad and Neredith and Fick (bet you can't guess any of their real names!) in New Orleans for 5 days and then ended the week in Dallas for one of my bff's weddings. We had an AWESOME time and I was thoroughly exhausted by the time we got home on Sunday.

Some highlights of Part 1:

The trip got off to a bad start.  Why didn't I think to wear my see-through top and tie-dyed leggings??  I couldn't believe I hadn't thought to wear them with the stifling heat outside.  Obviously I was crushed. 

We spent Saturday night with our friends (they're the ones who were getting married when we went to NO in April 2010) and they showed us around their 'hood.  We spent several hours with the two of them and lots of their friends at The Delachaise, where they serve delicious Pimm's Cups and red-headed hoes. 

Then it was off to dinner at a fabulous place called Boucherie.  Never would've found this place without our friends.  I have no pictures from it but the meal totally made up for the fact that I'd forgotten to wear my tie-dyed pants and clear top earlier.  I could rave for a while, but that might get boring without pictures so just take my word for it when I tell you that I'm officially a fan of collard greens now.  Also, five words: Thai Chili Chocolate Chess Pie.  Quite the slow burn on that one but what a way to end a meal!

Then it was off to another fun place we wouldn't have ever hit up without the accompaniment of locals:


Live music + great beverage selection + cool interior space = loved it.  Bonus: there's no smoking ban in New Orleans but they voluntarily went smoke-free a while back.  Hooray for not going home with smoky hair and stinky clothes!

We didn't stay out too late both because we were still on Eastern time (we'd been up since 5:50 that morning without any naps) and because we're all kinda old (which sometimes means lame).  So we headed back to their house and called it a night. 

I love all the artwork in our friends' home.  The older I get, the more I realize I love a lot of color in my wall hangings.  Our friends have some great pieces that include among other things original artwork, Jazz Fest posters from different years, and this little gem:


It's so cute and charming in person.  I want one.  Or something as equally as cute and charming that works in our house.  Plus, I like the word desire.  It totally works on so many levels and would be great in all kinds of different areas in a house.

And with that, I'm off to bed.  More coming this week!

Comments

No response to “Summer, summer, summertime... Time to kick back and unwind”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger