Going to the chapel and we're gonna get maaaaaaarried

Sunday, July 17, 2011

After all fun in New Orleans, we headed to Dallas for the wedding for one of my long-time bffs, K.  Who is now K-squared.  We spent time with L's family before migrating to my parents' house on Friday.  The bridesmaids were all treated to a fabulous bridesmaids' luncheon at The Zodiac Room at the Northpark Neiman Marcus.  If you've never been, it's such a fun treat to go.  It's a great place to take your mom or best friends and it always feels like you're truly indulging yourself. 

The pretty flowers on the table:


I love peonies.  These flowers made me happy.  Our lunch was a salad trio





and of course the infamous popovers with strawberry butter, which I forgot to snap a picture of, and dessert was a trio of sorbets (mango, strawberry, and lemon-lime) that were AMAZING.  And I neglected to snap a shot of those, too.  But rest assured, they were so delicious. 

After that, K's mom took us all to get manicures and pedicures.  Let me tell you, after walking around New Orleans for 5 days, my feet totally needed it.  I felt bad for my manicurist.  I always wonder if manicurists judge people based on how gross they are.  I feel pretty certain they do.  But we all left with pretty hands and feet, so mission accomplished; no more HEB feet for me!

I have zero good shots from the rehearsal dinner to share.  Rest assured that a good time was had by all.  We had lots of good food and lots of toasts about the bride and groom were given.  The groom is a baseball trainer at a local high school and gave all the ushers, groomsmen, and important men in his life personalized Louisville sluggers as their gifts, which was pretty cool.  Justin Bieber was also there and I wish I'd gotten a pic (okay it wasn't REALLY him, but I swear to you, this kid looked just like J. Biebs.  At least, to me and L.  And Mr. and Mrs. FBI).

Saturday was a day spent beautifying ourselves.  This special guy has made the rounds at several weddings for the girls in our group:

 
His name is Tito.  Oddly, we've all had Mexican-themed rehearsal dinners, so it's worked quite well.  And yes, he was filled with candy.

Here's the bride's dress:


And the front:


Beautiful, yes??  I assure you, she was one pretty lady.  Our bouquets were so pretty and smelled so good.


More peonies.  Totally up my alley. 

That's about the last of the pictures I have to share.  Somehow I never saw the cakes, so I didn't get any pics of that, and the cakes were cut while everyone was still eating, so we all missed out on that one.  But they were yummy!  We had a great time and we all danced til the very end.  One of my favorite parts: watching BKW dance his heart out all night, but especially when he knew the entire Cupid Shuffle dance and other people were watching him to learn it.  Hilarious!  Apparently his Kinect is paying off.  Kind of makes me want to get one.

Comments

No response to “Going to the chapel and we're gonna get maaaaaaarried”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger