Quit Playing Games with My Heart

Monday, February 8, 2010

During the first blizzard in December we realized we were severly lacking in the board games department. We had several decks of cards and 2 versions of Trivial Pursuit to pick from. (For the record, I'm shockingly bad at 80's trivia- even the music questions- but awesome at 90's.)  I decided to fix that last month so that we'd be prepared for any future major weather phenomena that might result in us being shut-ins, and we are now the proud owners of Yahtzee, Monopoly, and 3 puzzles.  Here's my question for all 3 of you followers out there and the others of you who follow anonymously: what are your favorite board games that can be played by 2 people?  Post a comment or send me an email.  I found that it is surprisingly difficult to find fun games for just 2 people.

Also, while I was shopping for said games, I saw this:


Isn't that game really called Jenga?  How is that not copyright infringement?

Also, L definitely gave me a very long lesson on how to play craps on Saturday night, so the next time anyone wants to take a trip to Vegas, I can now teach all of you.  I should have taken a pic of the table he created (which involved lots of paper stapled together, a red sharpie, and the lids from Yahtzee from the one puzzle we've worked, stabilized by my hand weights, as well as Yahtzee dice, my blush compact, and some faux chips) but I didn't think about it at the time.  Ghetto, but highly effective.  Also, said lesson may or may not have been fueled by the aforementioned boatloads of beer we purchased on Thursday and a new beverage he created and dubbed the "Baptist Highlighter."  If you are wondering what's in a Baptist Highlighter, it's vodka, Lemon-Lime Gatorade, and Red Bull.  The name comes from the color of the drink (highlighter yellow), the lemon-lime Gatorade (think green and gold), and drinking it out of a Baylor cup.

Comments

No response to “Quit Playing Games with My Heart”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger