Frozen

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Definitely channeling Madonna on that one from her 1997-ish album, Ray of Light.  Why?  Because that's our current state of living for the short-term future (oxymoron?).  Witness the following:


This is what the view was like circa 9:30 a.m., except you can't tell how windy it is.  I experienced my first white out about an hour after this was snapped... I was working from the living room so I could keep an eye on the weather from this window and I was typing away on my laptop, when suddenly the window got REALLY bright, so I looked up and I swear to you that it looked like someone was holding a white sheet up against the window.  That kind of made me panic for a second, but then it ended.  Very creepy and now I totally understand how people can get lost in snow.  Also, please note the snow in the street.  The snow plow came through around 3 a.m. and YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL.


Clearly we headed back out to do more shoveling (I helped this time).  Note that the snow comes almost all the way up to L's hip.



 Check out how much snow is on the roof.  Which is responsible for this:



Yeah, the roof on our porch is coming apart.  We're hoping it doesn't cave completely.  L definitely spent time yesterday knocking snow off to help lighten the load, so we'll see what happens.


Another way to see how much snow has fallen: check where my car trunk is and focus on the fact that all that white stuff is on top of it.  Not awesome when you are responsible for digging it out.


My trusty yardstick back in action.  That's all that would stick out.  And that does say 35".

So, needless to say, we've been housebound for 5 full days.  We started running low on food on Monday so L WALKED to the nearest store (a little over 3 miles, roundtrip) with a duffel bag and a backpack and got as much as he could carry.  And then he pretty much collapsed through the front door upon return because he was so exhausted (lots of hills + cold weather) and simultaneously freezing and sweaty.  Don't worry; he's fine.  Such a trooper and totally my hero.  The best part of all this: we're getting more snow on Monday!  SUCK FEST!

And now, here's my recommended cold weather playlist:

Frozen - Madonnna
You're As Cold As Ice - Foreigner
She's So Cold - Rolling Stones
Break the Ice - Britney Spears
Ice, Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Freeze Frame - J Geils Band
Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles
Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Velvet Snow - Kings of Leon
Freeze - T. Pain
Snowblind - Pink Floyd
Winter - Joshua Radin
Winter - Tori Amos
Ice - Sarah McLachlan

Comments

2 Responses to “Frozen”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Lauren,

OH.MY.WORD! I have never seen anything like it! Get back to Texas STAT!! But seriously, y'all stay warm and be careful. Are you tired of each other 24/7 yet?? HA!

Actually, we finally got out last night. I'll have to take a pic of my new parking space... it's shocking when you know what my car looked like before. But really, in all seriousness, it wasn't that bad being stuck in the house for that long. Since I work from home, I'm used to being here all the time, and the house is big enough for us to be together when we want to be or if we need some space, we can hang out in different rooms. Thank goodness that we not only love each other but we LIKE each other, too!

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger