Material Girl

Monday, January 11, 2010

Leaving the house at 8:15 a.m. in 17-degree weather on a Saturday morning is not fun.  However, it ultimately proved to be worthwhile.  Since I was already in Georgetown I decided to do a little shopping after my JL meeting wrapped up.  I was looking for some new gloves (since apparently I have claws for fingernails that bust holes through my awesome knit ones with the grippy palms), fun tights, and some long sleeved shirts/sweaters because I'm tired of the 8 I've been rotating between for the last 2 1/2 months.  One of the places I browsed through was H&M and this is what they are trying to sell people these days:



I was taking these pics covertly with my phone so they aren't the best quality. The pants above would be sequined leggings. Take note of the blue and black zigzag sections sequins at the bottom.



Now, this picture does not do these pants justice.  I will be the first to admit it.  Namely because it's hard to see where the pair of pants on the end stop and the next pair begins.  What you need to realize is that these are modern-day Hammer pants.  Baggy in the butt/thigh with an elastic waistband, totally tapered at the ankle.  Bonus: they have pockets, and since they are anti-form-fitting, you could probably stash the entire contents of your purse in them, thereby negating the need to carry a purse with you while you're out on the town in these snazzy pants.  These pants have a lot to offer, so don't everyone rush out to their nearest H&M at the same time, ladies.


Another bad pic because it runs into the vest behind it.  I think this would look especially great with the black pants pictured above.  Who doesn't love a good, oversized vest?

The one thing I neglected to photograph was their broad selection of leg warmers.  I went in thinking, "I bet they'll have some cute tights or something," and suddenly I found a pair that looked super fun and sassy.  Then I noticed that they were way thicker than the pair hanging next to them.  And then I stopped and read the package and realized I'd wandered into the leg warmers section, which is a place I don't belong. 

The unfortunate thing is that none of these were jokes and you may see women seriously wearing these.  (Or you might see someone in a killer MC Hammer costume next Halloween, WHICH. WOULD. BE. AWESOME!)  These were all seriously being sold.  And there were some crazy European women looking at the silver leggings (crazy Europeans looking at bad clothes is my favorite part of H&M).  No purchases for me at H&M.  However, I did manage to score 3 sweaters and 1 long-sleeved t-shirt at the Gap for $41.  Made my day.  Then I got home and realized that husbands are very sneaky and sometimes tricky, which is a whole other post for another day.

Comments

No response to “Material Girl”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger