Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy 2010!  I hope both of you followers out there had a great Christmas and rang in 2010 with friends and/or family.  And for you anonymous readers out there, the same goes for you as well, although I'll broaden my statement to include whatever holidays you celebrated.  Gotta be PC here, right?

L & I did a quick tour of the D/FW Metroplex for Christmas and it was great, although words cannot describe my frustration with arriving in the 214 just in time for the first white Christmas in my ENTIRE LIFE.  I was so hoping to enjoy some 60-70 degree weather and no snow, but alas, God was in quite the jovial, joking mood and had other plans in mind for us.  At least the snow was the good kind that melts after about 24 hours.  Anyway, L's niece is really starting to "get" Santa (she's 2), although I think L's brother learned the lesson of "don't give an exciting, unwrapped toy as the very first gift to a 1 1/2 year old because she won't want to open all the other gifts everyone else bought her."  He gave her one of those red cars that you can get in and Flintstone yourself around the house in.  L and I also learned that it really is the little things that are most entertaining for young 'uns- she didn't want to actually move herself around in the car; she just wanted to continuously open the door, get in, shut her dress in the door, then open the door, get out, and rinse and repeat.  A thousand times.  I did learn, though, that L is a willing and enthusiastic participant in imaginary tea parties and that he enjoys playing peek-a-boo.  Always endearing.  He'll be a great dad some day, although for the record, not any time soon.  We also got to see several of my friends on our last night in town, which was awesome.  I needed some good "friend" time.  It's sorely lacking here, but hopefully that'll change soon. 

For those wondering about what L gave me this year for Christmas, I did not get any sleepwear this year.  Due to his rendezvous with The Eye, he wasn't able to be sneaky like he'd planned to be with my gift and go pick it out during lunch (he was working from home the week before Christmas because who wants someone with The Eye to come in to work?  Gross), and I needed to go run errands on the 23rd, so we both headed out to Tysons together.  L steered me into Anthropologie and I found a fun bag.  I asked him to pick out something he liked for me and he did well, but after trying it on we both agreed that the shirt he picked wasn't in the right color in my size.  So purse it was.  He also was very sneaky and got me a pair of earrings on the sly.  Here's a pic o' the bag:



We had our first visitors, BP and SP, for NYE and the following weekend, which was very fun!  Love hosting friends.  Lots of site-seeing and a lunch at Good Stuff Eatery, which I've been dying to do.  For those of you out there who watch Top Chef, that's owned by Spike from like Season 3 or 4- I can't remember which.  It's a good place for a burger fo' sho'.  The Ps went home on Sunday morning and on the way home from the airport I tried my first Dunkin' Donut.  Except actually I rather dislike donuts; I prefer the donut hole.  Not sure if it's worth all the hype, but the coffee definitely is good.

All in all, it's been a good 2 weeks since the last time I posted.  I've got my list of resolutions for 2010 and am already working to bring them to fruition.  Here's hoping 2010 is even better than 2009 was (glasses clink).

Comments

No response to “Keep on Rockin' in the Free World”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger