Put your mind to, go for it. Get down and break a sweat...

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Subtitle: Husband meets Jillian Michaels.

L and I had a little date night on Friday night.  L was a little under the weather last week and went to see his GP and an allergist (for totally unrelated reasons) and so he had to step on the scales twice in one week.  During our date night dinner, he mentioned that he's up 4 pounds since the last time he went to the doctor, which was sometime before the wedding.  We currently aren't members of a gym but I've been doing Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred at home, so I told L he should try it.  I was surprised when he quickly agreed after I suggested we do it together the next morning before our already scheduled afternoon plans.

Saturday morning rolls around... the following conversation takes place:
L: "What do you want to do?" 
Me: "JILLIAN!" 
L turns on an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Me: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??"
L: "I asked you what you wanted to do!"
Me: "AND I SAID JILLIAN!"
L: "Seriously?  Like right now?"
Me: "Yes.  You said you'd do it last night."
L: (pause) "Uggghhhh."
Me: "Are you afraid she's going to kick your ass through the TV?  Don't be afraid."
L: "I will kick HER ass.  Later."
Me: "I thought you didn't like your new 4 pounds of fluffy."
L: "Okay FINE.  Let's do it if you'll stop trash talking."

So I hopped up and put on my running shoes and workout wear while he threw the DVD in.  I selected Level 1 since it was his first time.  It only seemed fair.  L had to stop halfway through the second circuit, right after the butt kicks started.  L played hockey in high school and college and apparently has an old knee injury and all the bouncing in the cardio parts aggrevated it.  Now, he also opted to not wear shoes for some reason, which I don't think helped matters.  I suggested that he just do the ab and strength parts but he preferred to sit and watch me and Jillian shred it out (side note: it is incredibly awkward to have someone watching you workout with a DVD.  Even when it's your husband).  He iced down and elevated his knee, took some Advil, and he was fine that afternoon.  I don't think he'll be shredding with me and Jillian again any time soon, though.  Or ever.

Jillian: 1, L: 0

By the way, if you haven't tried it, it really is a good workout.  Totally kicks your butt, in a good way.

Comments

No response to “Put your mind to, go for it. Get down and break a sweat...”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger