All I want for Christmas is yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuu

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yes, you.  Come visit and make my day!  Kidding.  I am stuck inside today, though, which puts a damper on the plans I'd had to go check out the Eastern Market and finish our Christmas shopping.  We still need to get gifts for L's brother-in-law and aunt.  And actually L needs to buy my gifts.  Apparently he has some ideas but doesn't know for sure what he wants to pull the trigger on yet.  If any of you have seen gifts that you think are things that would be great for me, feel free to send a casual email and suggest them to him.  I've already told him I don't need sleepwear.  Several of you may remember last year's gift:




Funny?  Yes.  Something I'd use?  Mmmmm... not so much.  Backstory: he was in D.C., I was in Austin.  I made the comment a few times that I missed having him around on cold nights because we couldn't snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie together or something.  He thought since he couldn't be there that I might like to snuggle up in footed pajamas instead.  Cute and kinda sweet?  Yes.  I loved the footed pj's as a kid.  What you don't think about, though, is that as an adult, what you don't want to do is completely disrobe to go to the bathroom.  You also don't realize how much you look like a giant baby until you put one on.  If some of you find yourselves still wanting a set after all of that, check out http://www.jumpinjammerz.com/.  My favorite section is the "sexy sheer" ones.  And no, mine are not "sexy sheer"; mine are polar fleece.  Anyway, I don't expect to get more pajamas.  Clearly I've got that covered.  What are some things I wouldn't mind getting?  I thought you'd never ask.

To satisfy the cute/sweet/silly streak in me, I think these Smittens are both hilarious and fun:




On the topic of personal-wear, Anthropologie always has great finds.  Here's a sampling of current favorites:








I love fresh wreaths.  Williams-Sonoma always has such pretty ones.  I love the simplicity of the bay leaf wreath or something with a little more variety like this:


I love the following two lamps.  I'm looking for a lamp to use on what will become my personal vanity during the week between Christmas and New Year's.  In my mind I would love to have one of these on it:





I love, love, LOVE John Robshaw fabrics and bedding.  My goal is to get some graphic, blue Euro shams for our bedding:

















And finally, this is Cowboy.  I think Cowboy would love to be my newest friend.



Check out more of Cowboy's friends and siblings at http://www.debbiesdachshunds.com/puppies-for-sale.htm.

Comments

No response to “All I want for Christmas is yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuu”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger