That's Why I Can Smile and Say, Ain't It Funny?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

L and I had a big night out in the city last weekend.  One of my favorite comedians is Jim Gaffigan and he was here last weekend filming his newest comedy special.  We bought tickets as soon as they went on sale and decided to go somewhere awesome for dinner.  The show was at the Warner Theater, so we decided we should go somewhere close by that we hadn't ever been to before.  We ended up deciding to hit up J&G Steakhouse.

I have to say, this was another one of those meals that ranks up there with some of the best we've ever shared together.  Not only was the food amazing, but the dining room is so beautiful (totally up my alley in terms of aesthetic, which won't surprise you if you follow my Pinterest boards) and the service is spectacular.  If you ever go, ask to be seated in Omar's section.  You won't be sorry. 


That's the dining room.  As you can see, L rented the entire place out.  Clearly we've had a bit of a financial windfall lately.  Just kidding, we were eating at an absurdly early hour so that we could be on time for the show and we were just the first people seated for dinner.


Another shot of the dining room:


The cocktails were A. MAZE. ING.  My first was a New York Sour.  Kind of like a Manhattan, but with an even yummier twist.  I could drink like ten of these in a row and be extremely intoxicated but still want more. 


And my next cocktail was one of my favorite classics, a sidecar:


So tasty.  And probably one of the better ones I've ever had.  But truth be told, between the two beverages I consumed at J&G, I'd take the New York Sour any day over the sidecar.  I can't wait to go back sometime for drinks and dessert so I can have another one!

Our meal was amazingly tasty (I started with parsnip soup, L started with a wedge salad, and we split a rib eye, Brussels sprouts, and potatoes au gratin) but no pictures exist of it.  We devoured it too quickly. 

After we finished our meal, we walked over to The Warner Theater for the show.  The theater was beautiful inside in a way that most buildings built today just can't replicate.  Lots of architectural details, mouldings, etc.  Here's a shot of the stage:


I didn't take any while Jim (or his opening act, the very funny Todd Glass) was performing, so you'll just have to imagine a pale, blond man on stage in all black.  If Jim is coming to your city on this tour, I say go see him.  He won't disappoint.  I've heard the Hot Pocket bit so many times and it's still hilarious to hear him run through it live. 

All in all, an all-star night for me and L. 

Oh, and a mileage check:

Miles walked today: 3
Total miles walked this year: 48 (yes, I'm falling behind.  Oops.)

Comments

No response to “That's Why I Can Smile and Say, Ain't It Funny?”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger