Love and Memories

Friday, February 10, 2012

I love my dad.  There are things about him that, for the longest time, I completely took for granted because I didn't realize that not all dads do.*  I got home on Wednesday and found a package waiting for me.  This is what it looked like:


Yeps, he puts stickers all over the outside of anything he sends me (which is usually at least one envelope a week with newspaper articles he thinks L and I might like or find interesting).  And as is the case with this package, they are usually holiday-themed if possible.  My dad is definitely cute. 



*If you're wondering what made me realize not all dads are like my dad, it's that when my sister and I were little, he would dress up on Halloween and take us trick-or-treating.  It was the same costume every year - a wizard, complete with pointy wizard cap and wand - but if we wanted him to wear a costume, he'd pull it out and wear it.  At my last job, one Halloween I was chatting with a client about his plans that night with his son.   My client was going to take his son trick-or-treating.  I asked him if he was going to dress up and he looked at me as though I had two heads.  And that's the moment I knew my dad was special.  Or at least fun and willing to do silly things to make his kids smile.

Comments

No response to “Love and Memories”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger