Hometown Glory

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So, last night L and I went to a Stars/Capitals game, and we had a lot of fun!  L is a huge hockey fan and I enjoy live sporting events, so when an opporunity arose a few months ago to score some tickets to a Caps game, I jumped at the chance to see my new hometown team play my real hometown team.  The game was unexpectedly GREAT- despite our top deck seats, we were EXACTLY on center ice and could see all the action really well.  Plus, the Capitals are REALLY good (note the shots on goal) and the Stars have been decent but not great (just ignore their shots on goal).  We got there late in the first period and the score was 1-0, Caps.  The Stars came back to take the lead, the Caps tied it, and it went into overtime and resulted with another tie, so then it went into Sudden Death OT.  Stars pulled out a W, which was awesome!  Woo hoo!!  I love you, Mike Modano (even though you didn't play very much last night...)!


In an effort to support the Stars, I sported a black sweater, green earrings, and my black cowboy boots.  I REALLY wish I'd had time to play a joke on L and paint a giant, black star on my face or something, but I also don't think I would've had the nerve to ride the Metro like that and I definitely would have been scared leaving the game (Caps fans were not pleased with the loss).  But it would have made him pee in his pants a little if he'd come home from work and found me waiting like that.

Also of interest: we had a real life astronaut in the crowd across from us.


I bet he's one that has been to the moon.  I wonder how he managed to steal that suit, though.  Not very sneaky to wear it to a game that was broadcast nationally.

This guy was also sitting in our section.  I think he forgot that the Wizards are the basketball team:


It's hard to tell, but the guy just to the right of the center of the pic is in a cape, and he is waving two wands that light up.  I have no idea why.  He was very, very serious about it.

Finally, during the break between the second and third periods, we took a lap around the Verizon Center.  I needed to use the restroom, and imagine my surprise when I saw the sign indicating that this is where women go to throw up:


Okay, upon closer inspection, it's a sign for restrooms and water fountains, but I swear to you, I really thought it was someone barfing into a small trash can when I first glanced at it.

Comments

No response to “Hometown Glory”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger