Hello Again

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I love Neil Diamond.  Anyway, it's been a few weeks of silence from me.  What have I been up to?  Lots.  Some of which will have posts at later dates because I'm crafty and these things aren't ready to be discussed yet.

The good news is that we've had several visitors, one of which is THE SUN.  Yes, the sun finally decided to be cool and show up and really show off what he/she (is the sun supposed to be a male or female?) and MELT THE FREAKING SNOW.  Most of our front yard was still covered in ice that looked like snow up until last Thursday, and now it's almost totally melted.  Of course, the parts that are still covered are the flower beds that I slaved away planting tulip and daffodil bulbs in last fall, so who knows if they are dead or alive under there.  I would shovel it off with our new ergonomic snow shovel, but that's hard.  Ice is heavy.  And I'm lazy.  And also I don't want to risk decapitating any fleurs that may have managed to sprout under it all.  We'll see.  I've tangented off the original point of this (shocking), which is that we are finally starting to have good weather.  Since we don't have the luxury of covered parking spaces, our cars have been SO GROSS.  Totally covered in snow snot, to the point where it wasn't safe for me to wear either of my white coats while riding in my car.  So 2 weekends ago we took our cars to the car wash to have them totally cleaned out.  This was one of those full-service ones where they vacuum it for you and send it through the wash on auto-pilot while you wait inside and watch it go through... or at least that's what we THOUGHT (because that's how they are in Texas) until I saw a child looking at me from the backseat of the car as it rolled through the car wash (which is shocking when you aren't expecting to see people and you definitely don't see parents in the car because the scrubbers are covering those windows).  No, here in Virginia, you drive that daddy-o through the car wash yourself.  Except it's still in neutral so really there is no point to you being in the car at all (L realized this when it was taking FOR-EV-ER for my car to appear in the wash and rode in the car).  While he did that, I used the restroom and discovered that it really is a high-end car wash.  I mean, they had a full array of products for customers to use:

Yeah, that's a dirty brush in that basket.  And a dirty tea cup, I guess in case you decide to brush your teeth and need to rinse.  Also tape, a spoon, and a velcro roller.  You really could walk in one person and walk out looking totally different if you had enough time.  When we took the truck through the car wash, I rode in the cab and discovered that those kinds of car washes make me nauseous.  Super.
It's been a few weeks of discovery, though.  I discovered a flag holder thing on the front of our house:


I've been contemplating what types of fun flags to display.  Do we go patriotic with American?  Pay homage to the Lone Star State?  Collegiate alliances (probably not)? I'm not one to display stupid ones, ie, a random windsock or ones for holidays (that's what wreaths for the door are for, obvi).  But I also kind of want to play a joke on L.  Much like I realized I should have for last night's fun activity (more to come on that later).

Another discovery: ALLERGIES. Awesome. So glad I'm joining the ranks of the majority of the rest of society now. I grew up NEVER having allergies (none for weather, none for animals... I'm a marvel. I'm not even allergic to poison ivy) and now God decides to pull the rug out from under me. HAHAHA- SO FUNNY! I've been congested for a week now and it's so annoying. Hopefully this will clear up soon.

More posts coming, but that's all for the moment.

Comments

No response to “Hello Again”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger