Celebration

Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm a member of the Junior League of Washington and this year is the organization's 100th anniversary.


JLW's focus is literacy.  To celebrate 100 years in DC, the league set a goal to donate 100,000 books to children in DC who, otherwise, might not have any books of their own.  To achieve this goal, the league decided to host two fundraising events.  We hosted a luncheon last fall and this past weekend, we held a gala called Fete.  L and I went along with another couple.  Obviously the other girl and I were more excited about the event than the boys because sometimes it's just fun to dress up, right?

I knew I wasn't going to buy a new dress for this event (How old does clothing have to be to call it vintage?  If the answer is 10 years or older, then I opted to wear vintage Nicole Miller), so I instead I decided to hit up Dry Bar and get a blow out.  This might be the best decision I've ever made.  I freaking loved it!


The whole salon is grey, white, and yellow (which I loved).  The fun, fitting, and cheeky chandelier in the lobby:


They served me a fab mimosa in an ombre (ombre!!  Queue the obsession with ombre/dip dye/tie dye) glass.


And the whole time, The Devil Wears Prada was playing (love!).  I selected the Cosmo-Tai style for my hair.  I couldn't have been happier with the end result.  Too bad I didn't take a pic when I got home!

The event itself was pretty fun.  My purse size only allowed for the most essential of items to come with me, which meant no camera.  Consequently, I have all of about 3 pics from the whole evening.


Yes, we had a pink carpet and a step and repeat.  Because why not??  I forgot to hit up the photo booth, though.  Oops.



I will say my hair lasted all night and still looked good on Sunday.  It still looked okay this morning, although with the gross weather we had today, it ended up looking not so hot by mid-afternoon.  Oh well - had to let it go at some point.  I can't wait to find another reason to hit up Dry Bar again, though!!  Totally well-spent money.  Highly recommend if you live in a city where there's a Dry Bar salon!

Comments

No response to “Celebration”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger