Raining on Your Sunday

Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm in the midst of a very annoying Sunday night.  The only things that could make it better would be if I didn't have to go to work tomorrow and/or if L wasn't traveling for work this week OR if he was just coming home earlier than late Friday night.  Ugh.  Weekends are just not long enough.

I asked L if he would go with me to get a pedicure (and he agreed to get one - this is huge.  The man needs some serious callous removal help) and he accidentally stayed on the phone with The DA too long (they had lots of catching up to do; the DA hadn't gotten a recap of Spring Break '12).  So instead of getting our feet done, we agreed to unload the dishwasher together because L knows that's a chore I hate.  Not quite a fair trade, but I'll get a pedicure later this week so it doesn't matter.  Anyway, as we were unloading the dishwasher, I managed to drop a dinner plate and break it.  In the process of it falling, the dinner plate hit a salad plate that was still in the dishwasher and chipped the rim and cracked the plate.  It's still usable, so you better believe it's in the cabinet right now.  You could go ahead and say I'm down a full place setting of my everyday china, though.  Grr.  Then I spent two hours ironing - another chore I detest.  Which is why it took two hours.  I refuse to hang things up in the closet if they need to be ironed, so I stockpile my ironing for weeks and I just couldn't add anything else to my ironing pile and not go crazy.  And we got our taxes back and found out how much we owe... ugh.  But at least our taxes are done.  That's definitely a good thing.


And then there was dinner.  L said he'd make take care of it.  We had friends over last night to watch the final four basketball games and L smoked a brisket and ribs and we had hamburger patties ready to go in case anyone preferred a burger to smoked meats.  No one did, so we had a whole tray of hamburger patties to either freeze or eat.  We agreed to eat burgers tonight and L fired up the grill as I slaved away at the ironing board while watching episodes of Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta and The Secret Circle (don't judge me.  You have to do SOMETHING to make ironing less of a burden).  Thirty minutes later, it was announced that the burgers were ready.  In the meantime, L's fantasy baseball league draft began, so he told me dinner was on the counter.  I walked in and found this:



I have no idea how I didn't see this coming.  Of course my jaw hit the floor, my eyes briefly bugged out, and I panicked for a moment.  Why?  Because L leaves tomorrow morning for a full week.  That is a plate of seven cooked hamburger patties.  I ran back to the office and whispered (so as not to be heard on the conference call that accompanies every fantasy draft he participates in with his college friends), "Oh. My. Gosh. IDIDN'TKNOWYOUWEREGOINGTOMAKEALLTHOSEBURGERS!  I thought you were going to make TWO and freeze the rest!!!"  Luckily L had the sound mind to get up and leave his draft for a moment and come into the kitchen where he asked me, "Well you're going to eat two, right?"  Because I've ever eaten two burgers in one meal in my whole life.  Can we also take a moment to question who wants a wife that will down two burgers after eating a late brunch and an afternoon of repotting three pots of plants and ironing?  Not exactly an afternoon of intense calorie burning.  I nicely explained that no, I'd just be eating one and L let me know he was particularly hungry this evening and would likely be eating two.  This still leaves me with FOUR BURGERS to consume this week all by myself.  That won't be happening.  L knows I've been on a workout regiment lately and watching what I eat.  Four hamburgers in a week doesn't exactly fit into my plan, particularly when I have brisket and a huge container of baked beans also waiting in the fridge to be consumed.  Again, I have no idea how I didn't see this coming.  I know his inner voice always says, "Make more food - don't save it and make it later." 

Ugh.  I have a feeling it's going to be a really long week.  The weekend definitely went by quickly, but then, of course it did.  I was on call for work this weekend and when you get calls all Friday night and again Saturday morning regarding urgent requests, it kind of kills your relaxation time.  Frustrating for sure. 

Things to look forward to: Mad Men and Game of Thrones are on tonight.  And so is Eastbound and Down.  I won't be watching all of those this evening but I'll have stuff to look forward to later this week.  And I'll be heading to Miami on Friday afternoon for a bachelorette party.  And L will be back when I get home on Sunday night, so I'm already looking forward to that.

I leave you with this thought from the one and only Kenny Powers: it's hard to be Charles in Charge when you're f-ing Scott Baio. 

Comments

No response to “Raining on Your Sunday”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Knocking on Wood. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger